Members may make bookings for our facilities using the links below.
All members who use the club’s facilities must act responsibly by complying with the additional guidance and controls set out below. This is essential to protect the safety of themselves and each other and prevent the need for further restrictions or closures.
These guidelines have been produced in line with the UK Government guidance on public spaces, outdoor activity and exercise.
We have also referred to updated guidance for clubs on return to use of:
- cricket grounds published by the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) which can be found here
- the Lawn Tennis Associations guidance for Tennis Venues which can be found here
- the British Crown Green Bowling Association Guidance for the Reopening of Greens which can be found here
- the England Lacrosse guidance for returning to practise which can be found here
- the England Hockey guidance for clubs which can be found here
- the England Squash guidance for clubs can be found here.
You MUST NOT visit or use Brooklands Sports Club’s facilities if ANY of the following statements applies to you or any of your party:
- Anyone in your household has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature above 37.8 °C, a persistent cough, breathing problems or other symptoms identified by the Government) within the last 14 days.
- You are or anyone within your household is required to self-isolate under current government guidance.
- The one way access and egress system is in operation to reduce contact points. Please follow the signage.
- Stay within your area (lane, court, pitch, area of green, etc.) except for access and egress and obey all demarcation and signage.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times by any members who are not part of the same household. Do not use benches or any seating to reduce contact points.
- There are currently toilet facilities open on site. These consist of two externally-accessed toilets at the bowls side of the Clubhouse, up a short flight of steps.
- The club car park is fully operational.
- Bring your own equipment wherever practical, including balls and an individual drinks bottle. Avoid shared contact such as passing balls between players of different households wherever possible. Where this cannot be avoided, you should follow NGB guidance on use of equipment.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds at home before and after using the facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser (60% alcohol+). Use the hand sanitiser after touching the gates or access controls.
- Do not arrive early: aim to arrive at the start of your slot to help with social distancing. You must stick to your allocated time slot. You should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. Do not stay to socialise on the court / pitch.
- Avoid touching surfaces, handles or nets as much as possible whilst on club premises. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with balls at any time. No spitting. Follow Catch It, Kill it, Bin It for coughs and sneezes.
- Double check when you have finished using the facilities to make sure you do not leave any belongings behind.
- Do not forget that playing sport carries inherent risks beyond Covid-19. Normal safety guidance provided by each sport’s governing body and club policies must be observed including the mandatory use of protective equipment as specified in individual sections' additional requirements. As well as response times being delayed, minimising the risk of injury is vital to avoid any additional stress on the NHS.
- It is possible that there will be no trained first aider on site during your booking slot. Emergency first aid is available in the cricket score hut, bowls pavilion and tennis hut. A defibrillator is located on the Clubhouse wall opposite the main hockey pitch entrance. Access to the defibrillator requires an access code which is available by dialling the contact number on the defibrillator container.
- If any of your party or their household develop symptoms of infection within 7 days of using club facilities, you must report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org to allow effective contact tracing and to limit the spread of the virus.
Please be considerate to other members when placing bookings. Sections will monitor bookings for fair usage.