Members may make bookings for our facilities using the links below.
All members who use the club’s facilities must act responsibly by complying with the additional guidance and controls set out below. This is essential to protect the safety of themselves and each other and prevent the need for further restrictions or closures.
These guidelines have been produced in line with the UK Government guidance on public spaces, outdoor activity and exercise published on 1 June 2020, which can be read here.
We have also referred to updated guidance for clubs on return to use of cricket grounds published by the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) which can be found here, the Lawn Tennis Associations guidance for Tennis Venues which can be found here, the British Crown Green Bowling Association Guidance for the Reopening of Greens which can be found here, the England Lacrosse guidance for returning to practise which can be found here and the England Hockey guidance for clubs which can be found here.
You MUST NOT visit or use Brooklands Sports Club’s facilities if ANY of the following statements applies to you or any of your party:
- Anyone in your household has displayed symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature above 37.8 °C, a persistent cough, breathing problems or other symptoms identified by the Government) within the last 14 days.
- You are or anyone within your household is required to self-isolate under current government guidance.
- You have an underlying health condition which places you in the ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’ group identified in Government Advice or if anyone in your household is shielding.
People aged 70 and over are advised to minimise their contact with others outside of their household.
- Members using our tennis courts, bowling green and cricket nets will be charged a flat rate of £1 per person per hour. This is a temporary arrangement, in place of normal subscription collections and the charge will be collected by Direct Debit so there is no need to make direct payment. This charge is additional to any coaching fees which may be charged. The charge will not apply to life members or those who would not otherwise pay a subscription. Please note that our facilities remain for the use of members only.
- The facilities may be used up to the following
- Bowling Green - a maximum of 3 singles or pairs may use the green at any time.
- Cricket Nets & Pitches - a maximum of 6 people per booking (maintaining a 2m distance at all times)
- Tennis Courts - a maximum of 4 people (doubles) per court or 6 per organised coaching session.
- Lacrosse Goals - a maximum of 6 people per session
- Hockey Pitch - a maximum of 6 per half pitch/bay.
- Stay within your area (lane, court, pitch, area of green, etc.) except for access and egress and obey all demarcation and signage.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times by any members who are not part of the same household. Do not use benches or any seating to reduce contact points.
- There are currently no toilet facilities open on site. Please use toilet facilities at home prior to visiting the club.
- The club car park remains closed. Travel together as a household and avoid public transport. Please respect our neighbours if parking in local roads.
- No club equipment is to be used. The equipment containers are out of bounds. Bring your own equipment including balls and an individual drinks bottle. Avoid shared contact such as passing balls between players of different households wherever possible. Where this cannot be avoided, you should follow government guidance on the sharing of equipment here.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds at home before and after using the facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser (60% alcohol+) where possible. Use the hand sanitiser after touching the gates or access controls.
- Try not to arrive early: aim to arrive at the start of your slot to help with social distancing. You must stick to your allocated time slot. You should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. Do not stay to socialise.
- Avoid touching surfaces, handles or nets as much as possible whilst on club premises. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with balls at any time. No spitting. Follow Catch It, Kill it, Bin It for coughs and sneezes.
- Double check when you have finished using the facilities to make sure you do not leave any belongings behind.
- Do not forget that playing sport carries inherent risks beyond Covid-19. Normal safety guidance provided by each sport’s governing body and club policies must be observed including the mandatory use of protective equipment as specified in individual sections' additional requirements. As well as response times being delayed, minimising the risk of injury is vital to avoid any additional stress on the NHS.
- It is possible that there will be no trained first aider on site during your booking slot. Emergency first aid is available in the cricket score hut, bowls pavilion, tennis hut and back pavilion. A defibrillator is located in the cricket score hut (adjacent to the main hockey pitch entrance). For access to the defibrillator or ambulance access via the club drive / carpark, an emergency access code must be entered. This is available by dialling an emergency contact number which is indicated on posters around the ground.
- If any of your party or their household develop symptoms of infection within 7 days of using club facilities, you must report it immediately to email@example.com to allow effective contact tracing and to limit the spread of the virus.
Please be considerate to other members when placing bookings. Sections will monitor bookings for fair usage.
Bowling green bookings
Cricket net bookings
Tennis court bookings
Lacrosse goal bookings